Let's refresh our memories about my list of goals I wanted to accomplish before the year's end, shall we?
- Re-read the entire Harry Potter series
- Have an afternoon outing by myself- Go out for lunch and a movie shamelessly solo and enjoy it!
- Finish the in-class portion to my final year of University
- Put $500 away for my “someday” fund
- Lose my final 20 pounds for a total weight loss of 75 pounds
- Get professional photos taken
- Go to an antique flea market (like Aberfoyle) for an afternoon of inspiration and unique purchases
- Bake a pie from scratch (pie crust, filling, and all!) without Mom’s help
- Make some major decisions about where I want to be next year with my career (this obviously will be an ongoing process, but I want to have a semi-concrete idea about my plan by the end of this year)
- Invest in a few high quality wardrobe staples (i.e., a pair of leather shoes, a structured handbag, and tailored blazer or jacket) for pleasure and profession
- Get crafty! Make home bracelets like the ones here, a necklace like this one, a DIY dry erase board, and other goodies that I come across in my travels (cough, cough Pinterest)
- Attend a cultural event (like a symphony or a theatre production) ... and get dressed up!
My progress as of the end of September was as follows:
So, how did I end up faring in these absent past few months with my list?
|2011 was a successful year. Bring it on, 2012!|
Well, I know this post was quite wordy, but I hope you enjoyed following my progress as the year went on, even though I took extended periods of absence on more than one occasion! Needless to say, 2011 was, by far, the best year of my life! I can only imagine what 2012 has in store for me, and in the next few days, I hope you'll stop by to follow me in my new adventures!