Monday, February 13, 2012

Clementine box Upcycle

I've seen a few cool upcycles for clementine boxes, so I decided to try one out for myself!

Re-Purposing a Clementine Box

Materials:
Used clementine box (with labels removed)
Glue gun
Scissors
Pencil
Paint brush
White acrylic paint
lined paper and thin cardboard
scrap of fabric
(there are rhinestones in the picture because I thought I might add them 
for some detail, but they just didn't work with the look I was going for)

First I traced the bottom of the box onto a piece of lined paper with a pencil.
Then, I cut out the piece of paper, traced it onto the piece of thin cardboard (I used the back of a spiral bound notebook), and cut that out.
Then, I flipped my fabric over (so the print would be facing up), and placed my cardboard on top of the fabric. Then, I gently tugged each corner up, and secured it with some hot glue. Notice the fabric is leftover from my DIY Cake Stand?
I continued to do this around the edges until it looked like this. 
This is what it looks like flipped over. 
Just to make sure it fit, I placed it into the bottom of the box before I painted the box. 
I coated each side (inside and outside) twice, and the coverage was pretty good.
Here's what it looked like when I was done painting. I didn't paint the entire bottom because I knew that the cardboard would cover the stain. 
See? When the fabric bottom is in place, you can't see the stain at all! 


This will be sittin' pretty on my dresser with my favourite perfumes, lotions and other beauty potions. The best part about this? It was entirely F-R-E-E, because I had all supplies on hand. Now that's what I'm talkin' about!  

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! Turned out great! ps- love the blog update! I've been using google reader more so haven't been on the site in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, I'm happy with how it turned out! It's good to hear from you again! :)

      Delete

I love to hear what you think! I <3 comments!