Thursday, August 25, 2011

road trip recap

I had a blast road trippin' it up at St. Jacobs with my mom and sister yesterday. We went out for lunch, did a ton of shopping and saw some cool scenery and weather! Not only was it a great girl's day out, but I managed to cross off two items off my 12 Before 2012 list! I visited a flea/antique market (TONS of inspiration there) and I crossed off the clothing items I wanted to purchase. A successful day if you ask me!

What we wore.

We stopped in a furniture store and they had the most awe-inspiring displays and items. If only I had more money...
My dream bedroom. One day it will be mine.
A unique corkboard/whiteboard find at the antique store. I thought this would be a great DIY idea, and it could probably be done for way under $75. 
Of course we had to have num-nums. A strawberry and cream cheese roll up. Delish.


I think I did some really smart shopping. We went to an outlet mall, and I was able to get my winter coat for less than half price! A gorgeous black wool peacoat was originally $185, and marked down to $69.99. Of course I nabbed that up, along with a turquoise short sleeved sweater (for $15), and a great pair of statement earrings (for $1.99)! The clerk was even shocked at the low prices- talk about self-gratification! I also bought a structured jacket, a "pleather" jacket, a large clutch, new watch, 2 sweaters, and a professional yet fun laptop bag.... which I will share with you later. The day ended with a tornado warning, and my mom, sister and I spent the evening in our basement. A fairly eventful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think! I <3 comments!