Wednesday, August 24, 2011

nail art DIY


So you all know about my addiction to Pinterest by now. Well, when I happened upon this pin, I KNEW I had to try it out! Judging by the pictures from this tutorial, I tried to master it myself!

Before (crappy quality)
After text (crappy pic)
Up close! 
Here's how you do it:

  1. Cut strips of newspaper with lots of text. Make sure it will cover your nail, and make the strip large enough that you can easily pull it off your nail. 
  2. Paint on a base coat and let it dry.
  3. I did two coats of a grey coloured nail polish- "Cement" by Joe Fresh Style to be exact. Make sure nails are completely dry before proceeding with the next step. 
  4. Dip fingers into rubbing alcohol for 5 seconds (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, 3 Mississippi...) 
  5. Press the newspaper strip onto your nail and gently peel it off.
  6. Paint on a layer of topcoat.

That's it! It's fairly simple, and the results are so trendy! What about you- have you tried any funky nail art that I need to try? Have a fabulously trendy day, loves!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think! I <3 comments!