Monday, January 2, 2012

For Auld Lang Syne

The beginning of the new year is a time to reflect on the previous year, and consequently, the future. For Auld Lang Syne literally means "for the sake of old times." I've reflected on my past year, and I'm in the mood for great things. It's Monday. It's the second day of the New Year, and the holiday season is officially over. I'm ready to begin my new mantra of living life each day to the fullest and making the most of it. 2011 was a great year for me. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it was the best one I've had so far, and I'm not being cliché. 2012 however, has been forecasted as the year that I've been waiting for my whole life. You see, this is the year where I graduate from University; where my dreams of becoming a teacher will finally be realized. Such big changes are just around the corner, and are impossibly inevitable in 2012. It's exciting. It's scary. It's overwhelming. Sometimes it makes me want to freeze time in place and remain where I'm comfortable. But that's not going to happen. I've always had big dreams- ones where I sometimes become too complacent to actually follow through with. Not this year. 

Dream big, Do big things. And that starts today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think! I <3 comments!