Tuesday, September 20, 2011

red + emerald

Almost a week since I last posted? Shameful. I'm here today to share a colour combination that has been inspiring me for the last few weeks. There's nothing more dramatic and elegant than vibrant, red hair contrasted with a deep emerald or teal. Since I've been known to have red hair (albeit not as deep or rich as these ladies), I've been taking cues from them and wearing deep jewel tones more often to really contrast my hair. It makes a bold statement, and screams confidence- just take a look at them!
Emma Stone takes it a notch further with deliriously sexy red lipstick. 
Drew Barrymore in an Emilio Pucci gown. Fabulous. 
Jayma Mays looks classy and cute with a sparkly scoop neck. 
Russian model Ulayna Sergeenko looks vintage-y sleek in her fall 2011-12 lookbook. 
Blake Lively always looks stunning, and her new red hair is no exception. 

Pantone's fall Fashion colour report for fall 2011 has also been providing me with some guidance for the "it" colours of the season. It's no surprise that deep teal is red hot this fall. I'm also loving "phlox" and "cedar" which I think would look equally gorgeous on these red-headed celebs. 

Which Pantone fall colours speak to you? Do you think red hair and emerald is passé, or ingenious? I'd love to hear what you think! Have a colourful day, loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think! I <3 comments!