Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bedroom Revival

As I told you in this post, I moved back home for the summer. Which meant that I had to cram an entire apartment worth of stuff into my bedroom at my parent's house. Let me tell you, it was not pretty for awhile (okay, like almost 4 weeks...yikes!). On my first day off in 15 days I finally had enough energy to tackle this huge project. Here is what I had to work with- Warning: Do not judge me, this is embarrassing!! 



I've had this bedroom since I was 13, and the paint colour was chosen by me in grade 7. I don't have the time or the budget for a major bedroom reno, so I decided to vamp it up through my use of accessories and new bedding. I just wanted to work with what I had, minus the new bedding. It needed to be a little more adult, since purple tiger stripes hardly say professional, ya know? 

Here's the after (it took a few days to fully get it cleaned and organized):





Much more cohesive and professional. And tidy. Cough, cough. Here's the lowdown on what I did to the space to revive it. I bought a new comforter and sheet set (yay for crisp white sheets!). Everything else utilized was already owned. I brought in a small area rug, 2 new mirrors, bookcase and a few different accessories and it totally gives the space a new feel. 

My favourite part of the revival is the simplest. I cut two purple tulips from my lovely momma's garden, and I just can't stop smiling every time I see them. I set them in a small white vase I already had, and set them atop my bookcase- prime real estate. The inside of the tulip is absolutely stunning and intricate. It just goes to show you how big of a difference such a small detail can make. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think! I <3 comments!